It's been a good ride so far!

Since I was just a kid all I have ever wanted to do was to make people laugh or just smile. As a child, an educator sent a note home to my parents. It read; If your son thinks he is going to get through life making people laugh he is in for a RUDE AWAKENING! He is not living up to his potential. WELL, I'M STILL NOT! But at this site you will at least see me try. From the heart, thank you for even being interested, it means the world to me. I always say, I have not a single fan but many a friend!



Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Go ahead, change my mind, I dare you!

Well it's here!  Arizona Bike Week that is.  I've been here in Arizona right about 7 1/2 years now and if you add the 2 years or so of coming here every few months on vacation, it boils down to damn near a decade that I have witnessed this "Arizona Bike Week" thing.  I never really understood the concept of it.  The more that I spoke to the people who have been around or those involved in it, everyone seemed to sum it up as a "grab fest"!  Everyone just grabbed whatever they could out of it for themselves without a thought of the greater good of the entire event.  With the way it appears this year, perhaps those days are gone and those involved may actually be working together to make it a honest to God Bike Week.  I am an outsider looking in so this is of course, just my opinion.  One of the major problems that I've always seen is that there is no "main street" type of place where everyone could gather and just park their murder sickle and people watch.  You've got to admit that our lifestyle certainly draws some freaks from the wood work!  There is a place called West World, you probably have heard of it because of the Barrett Jackson Auto Auction that you see every year on the Speed Channel and that is where the bulk of the activities, concerts and chaps shopping are are held.  I've seen a show or two there and it's a good venue, hell, it is just a massive tent in a field, how can you go wrong with that?  The beauty of Arizona is just that, THE BEAUTY and the RIDING and after all, isn't that what this is supposed to be all about?  So get your asses on your bike, go out for a ride, it is going to be in the mid to high 80's all week long.  Ride that road that you've always heard of, meet some like minded folks and go out and make some memories..... and after you have done that, get your ass to the Dirty Dogg Saloon and come have a drink with me.  I'll be hosting all week long there and if you have never been there, all I can say is that you are in for one hell of a pleasant treat! 

So go ahead, change my mind, I dare you!  Show me that we can have a great event in AZ that people leave and go home and tell their friends about and make them want to join us next year! 

Until we see each other on the road again, or at the Dirty Dogg this week.

Keep the wind in your face,
Tits in your back
and the man off your ASS!

Your friend,
Jack Shit

No comments:

Post a Comment